At Creative Kidstuff, kids aren't just our business, they are our passion. Families too. Thatís why we are so proud to partner with St. Davidís Center for Child & Family Development, a center of excellence with more than 50 years of experience in early childhood education and specialized autism services.
This partnership allows us to provide the families of children on the autism spectrum with a new level of service as they strive to help their children grow and thrive.
With the guidance of a loving parent or caregiver, almost any toy can provide an enriched play experience for a child on the autism spectrum. However, certain toys may be especially beneficial when considering the unique needs of these young individuals. Thatís why the professionals at St. Davidís Center have provided the questions to the right that can help parents, grandparents, family and friends select a special toy that can support their childís development through the magic of play.
These are questions our store staff may ask as they work with our in-store customers to pick the perfect toy for that special child. We offer them to our online customers to consider as you make your selections:
- What is your childís preferred activity level (does he or she like quiet play or busy play)?
- How does your child respond to lights, sounds or touch?
- Can your child imitate actions and/or sounds?
- Does your child use his or her hands together to manipulate objects?
- How does your child communicate?
- Does your child like to pretend?
- Does your child enjoy a variety of sensory experiences (playing in water, getting messy)?
- Does your child have a short or average attention span?