Our mascot and daily reminder to play as much as we work, Lion Tiger, is setting off on a worldwide adventure and would like you to tag along! Lion Tiger represents our fun and playful personality as well as the duality between our grownup and kid personalities. His Travel Tails adventure is a chance for our online community to interact with the Lion Tiger for a chance to win marvelous prizes like gift cards and some of our favorite toys and games.
Lion Tiger packs up and takes off on January 16 and will give clues once a week leading to his mystery location. Be on the lookout for a unifying theme which will help you guess his hiding spot. Play along with us all year as Lion Tiger travels around the world!
Here are the details:
You can follow Lion Tiger's adventures for the entire year or on a clue-by-clue basis.
Put your thinking caps on and let the games begin!
- Clues will be posted on Mondays here on our website and on Facebook.
- Clues will be posted once a week until Lion Tiger's location is correctly identified. The destination could be as specific as a street address or as general as a country.
- Fans can submit guesses via the Facebook wall or by using the form below.
- Fans are allowed to submit more than one guess per clue
- If fans submit the same guess via email and Facebook, only one guess will count
- The winner will be randomly selected from the pool of participants who submitted the correct answer.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook or via the CKSLionTiger email address.
- Note: Lion Tiger will move to a new location after his location has been identified
- "Note: As of June 25, 2012, in order to give all participants a chance at winning, a person is only allowed to win once in the Lion Tiger Travel Tail series. Thank you for understanding."
Clues for the 14th destination:
- Monday, September 24: Lion Tiger travels to the second-largest country - according to size, not population in Asia.
- Monday, October 1: Lion Tiger is on his way to meet a feathered friend.
- Monday, October 8: Lion Tiger journeys to the third longest river in the world.
- Final Winner of the Year! Kristine Johnson won by guessing it was The Story About Ping (Yangtze River in China). We look forward to playing many more games next year!
Make your guess
for a chance to win a $25 Gift Card.
Clues for the 13th destination:
- Monday, August 27: Lion Tiger finds a way to cross the stream.
- Monday, September 4: Lion Tiger travels to a European country whose flag features a tricolor cross.
- Monday, September 10: Lion Tiger crosses into the troll’s territory.
- Monday, September 17: Lion Tiger and his friends reach the other side of the stream safe and sound.
We have a winner. Laura Park. The answer was a Norwegian bridge from the children's book Three Billy Goats Gruff
Clues for the 12th destination:
- Monday, August 6: Lion Tiger travels to a country in the United Kingdom.
- Monday, August 13: Lion Tiger heads from the big city into the countryside.
- Monday, August 20: Lion Tiger travels to the banks of a river.
We have a winner. Heather Pilakowski. The answer was Cookham Dean, England, on the banks of the River Thames from The Wind in the Willows
Clues for the 11th destination:
- Monday, July 2: Lion Tiger is in the second largest European country.
- Monday, July 9: Lion Tiger is in a city southwest of Kiev.
- Monday, July 16: Lion Tiger tromps through snow and ice.
- Monday, July 23: Lion Tiger is propelled home to Baba by a sneeze.
- Monday, July 30: Lion Tiger is in a city that the author of Tevye the Milkman, a story that was eventually adapted into Fiddler on the Roof, based the fictional village of Boyberik on.
We have a winner. Emily Broback. The answer for this clue was Boyarka, Ukraine from the children's book: The Mitten
Clues for the 10th destination:
- Monday, June 25: Lion Tiger jumps rope with the neighborhood kids and browses antique shops.
Update: We have a winner. Kimberly Kraemer. The answer for this clue was, "Houseon East 88th Street" from the Children's book "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile."
Clues for the 9th destination:
- Monday, June 18: Lion Tiger is east of the Upper Rhine.
Update: We have a winner. Karen 'Tan' Hanson. The answer for this clue was, "The Black Forest" from the Children's book "Hansel and Gretel"
Clues for the 8th destination:
- Monday, June 4: Lion Tiger heads to the country bordering Finland and Norway
- Monday, June 11: Lion Tiger sails to the largest island in the Baltic Sea
Update: We have a winner. Jan DeGriselles answered the VillaVillekulla house in the town of Vibble on Gotland Island in Sweden
Clues for the 7th destination:
- Monday, May 29: Lion Tiger is heading down under
We were looking for the activity this round
Update: Karen 'Tan' Hanson won this round with only one clue! The answer was: Lion Tiger is in the freshwater off of Australia.
Clues for the 6th destination:
- Monday, April 30: Lion Tiger is heading 30 miles south of Old Smoke
- Monday, May 7: Lion Tiger will be visiting Gill’s Lap
- Monday, May 14: Lion Tiger is on the lookout for huffelumps and woozels
- Monday, May 21: Lion Tiger is heading to this landmark to play a game of pooh sticks
Update: Inbal Clausen correctly guessed that Lion Tiger was at Pooh Sticks bridge, Ashdown Forest, Sussex, England
Clues for the 5th destination:
- Monday, March 26: Lion Tiger is practicing southern salutations for his next destination
- Monday, April 2: Lion Tiger is visiting a famous farm
- Monday, April 9: This farm has an educated arachnid
- Monday, April 16: Lion Tiger is visiting his friend Fern and her new pet Wilbur at her uncle’s farm
- Monday, April 23: This Zuckerman’s farm is in the “Tar-Heel State.”
Update: Jo Ann Golla correctly guessed that Lion Tiger was at Homer Zuckerman’s Farm on 222 Rampart St., Charlotte, NC!
Clues for the 4th destination:
- Monday, February 27: Lion Tiger is cruising down the turnpike
- Monday, March 5: Lion Tiger is going to visit his friends Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail
- Monday, March 12: Lion Tiger won’t be stealing any vegetables from this Farmer’s Market
- Monday, March 19: Still no winner yet, keep trying for that $25 Gift Card!
Update: We have a winner! The correct answer was Mr McGregors Market in Jobstown, NJ.
Clues for the 3rd destination:
- Monday, February 6: Lion Tiger is on the corner of 5th and 59th
- Monday, February 13: Lion Tiger just loves, loves, loves this city
- Monday, February 20: Lion Tiger is on the 18th floor of the "world’s finest hotel"
Update: The correct answer was Eloise Suite at the Plaza Hotel and our randomly selected winner is Lily Murray. Stay tuned for the 4th Travel Tails destination.
Clues for the 2nd destination:
Update: Wow we got to two clues this time. The winning answer was - Going to check out the "make way for ducklings" statue in Boston Public Garden. The winner for this round was Geri Ryan. Congratulations!
- Monday, January 23: Lion Tiger is heading to Bean Town
- Monday, January 30: Lion Tiger is taking a Duck Boat tour to his destination
Clues for the 1st destination:
- Monday, January 16: Lion Tiger is heading to the toe of the boot
Update: We knew our fans were smart, but we didn't know you were super smart. Lion Tiger's first destination was guessed after only one clue. The correct answer was Calabria, Italy and our randomly selected winner is Carrie Tietz Reed. Stay tuned for the next Travel Tails clue being posted soon.